There is a song that my sister Chelsea told me about back when I was still carrying Gunner, fully aware of what I was going to be facing. She warned me that it was a song that I should listen to when I needed a good cry. Well, she was right. I have resisted adding it to the blog because I wasn't quite sure if I could handle listening to it more than when I am alone at my computer. Well, I have grown to LOVE the song.
Obviously it is not about our special son Gunner, it is about the other important "Son" in my life, my Savior. It is a great song, and has so much meaning to me. By Mark Shultz, He's My Son, it is the first song on my play list. Once I added it, I added several others, some that make me feel happy like Jack Johnson, others are memories from High School, like Big Head Todd and the Monsters, some random songs that remind me of special things about my life with Eric.
Lately, I have been turning to music. Sometimes a good song can influence us to feel. Feel whatever it is we need to feel. I am learning that allowing myself to just feel is actually healthy and is allowing me to continue on the path of healing.
The other thing that I am realizing is that sometimes on this blog, it is an outlet that I share a whole lot more than I intend to when I start out. I feel like I am an open book. But once I type it out, I feel better. So am sorry to the few people that read this and may be getting tired of my ramblings.
1 comment:
I don't get sick of reading your blog.....you don't ramble either....you use your blog just what it is for!
Post a Comment