Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Blessings and first trip back to Gunner's burial site

I feel so blessed. I am so grateful to be in a place where I can look at some of my trials and my first thoughts are of the blessings and growth that have come. My heart is so full of gratitude. I recently heard of a family that lost a child in a similar situation to ours. The difference is that the baby was very badly malformed. When we first learned about Trisomy 13, it is very uncommon to have a child that looks as "normal" as Gunner did. His visible abnormalities were very mild compared to what they could have been.

The blessing to me is that when I get to see our son again, I will actually recognize him! I was also given enough time with him that I have been able to preserve many tings to keep his memory close to me and to be able to share them with our children as they grow. I can't even begin to share the spiritual growth that has happened.

We did go to the grave site a couple of weeks ago. It was so nice to spend a little time thinking that he knew we were there with him. I would be lying if I didn't admit that I was hoping for just a small glimpse or experience where I KNEW he was there. Nothing profound happened, but I was still grateful that we made it back. If I can figure out how to get pictures downloaded again, I will post a few from our trip to Estes.

1 comment:

Brianne Jensen said...

Summer... I have had a rough mommy day, the kind that makes me want to beat my kiddos. Well.. you... with your strength and your courage, and your faith.. you've just put it all in perspective for me. Thank you. Thank you for sharing your experiences and also your testimony. I can feel your strong spirit from my office in Arizona as I read these blog posts. You are an inspiration. I think of you more often than you'll ever know by the way I keep in touch. :( I love you... Happy Mother's Day!!